BTC DVD Book-Type Setting Guide
Most home DVD players will identify the so-called Book-Type of a DVD disc once it is inserted into the drive. This Book-Type is present in each DVD disc's physical structure. In total there are 5 relevant settings: DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD+R, DVD+RW. Nowadays most home DVD players can support all mentioned types, but a small number of them can't support all of them.
So in order to be able to playback discs with Book-Types that are not supported by your home DVD player, you can use this DVD Book-Type Setting Tool to change your disc's Book-Type.
In general, DVD-ROM Book-Type can be supported by all DVD players.
1. This tool only works under Windows 2000 or Windows XP !
2. DVD ¡Ó RW media type can be set before or after the burning process.
3. DVD ¡Ó R media type has to be set before the burning process.
4. DVD ¡Ó R/ RW setting process can be finished without any change on the screen.
5. If your DVD player already runs DVD ¡Ó R/ RW media properly, then there is no need for you to change book type.
6. In order to change to your DVD format you must leave the program open during the burning process.
Step by step ¡G
Step 1: Insert the disc of which you want to change the Book-Type
Step 2: Startup the tool
Step 3: Click on ¡§ Refresh ¡¨. It will now display the current DVD's Book-Type.
Step 3: Select the Book-Type that you would like to apply
Step 4: Click on ¡§ Change Book-Type ¡¨ to apply your selected Book-Type.